MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Thursday, December 23, 2004

CRABS AND BELOVED ONES

I'm feeling very unproductive as I've not done any work for about a week now. But today was a great day. I ate Dungeness Crab, Oyestors, scallops and shrimp. I loved the experience as this was the first time I ate all of that stuff. I also went on an hour long cruise on a really nice ship. The weather was nice and I saw Sea Lions sun-bathing. I stood on the deck looking at the water froth beneath me. I really liked the strong wind blowing on the deck and it reminded me of the famous Titanic scene in which they stand on the edge of the deck and spread their hands.

I love Taco Bell and I got to eat in it again today. I use again because I've been frequenting it for the last three days. I also went sight seeing in other places and went to Ripley's Believe it or not Museum.

I finished the day with shopping in a huge mall were I ate really delicious cookies.

But here's the down-side: All through out I felt as if I couldn't enjoy anything to the fullest. I had an unfulfilling empty feeling inside. It's just that I wish 'he' was here with me. It would have been so much more fun. It would have been so awesome. It would have been perfect. And then it's my family. I don't know why but I kinda don't like going around with them that much. This sounds so bad, I know, but that's how I feel. It's just not that much fun with family-although I love them. I kinda get irritated and bored. All the time I was wishing that I had friends who I could go to these places with. But most of all I wished that 'he' was here. I still feel disoriented here and that's when I think that I would feel much more better with 'him' here.