MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

BUSY BEE

I'm learning what it feels like to be always out of time. To be always on the run and getting late. Today, I've been running around town all day and felt completely hassled for time. At the end of the day I'm exausted and finally had some time to recollect my thoughts and feelings. I realized that I'm doing all of this for certain goals and the more I try, the harder it seems to achieve them. I started feeling like no matter what I do I'll never be able to reach my destination.

I didn't want it to be so hard. But then someone reminded me that eventhough I hate it right now but I don't really prefer the easy path anyway by narrating this poem which is unconsciously echoed in the landscape of my consciousness:
" Ragoon mai doornae phirnae kay hum nahi kayal, jo aankh hee se nahi tapka woh lahoo kya hae?"
A rough meaning to me is that to experience life and enjoy it even, one has to feel the pain intimately. It seems like the maxim, 'No pain, no gain' But it seems more deeper to me, like saying that there is beauty in pain.

Thanks for reminding me of that.