MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Thursday, November 25, 2004

EMPTY & NUMB

'I hold my breath as this life begins to take its toll.'
Evanescence

Keeping my self occupied in work seems to be the only way to maintain my sanity as just as soon as I get a few moments to spare I spiral into depression and dysphoria. When ones life troubles one so much that one has to avoid thinking altogether, what does that mean? It's not tangible, observable matters that are bothering me...no, its the feelings.

I feel like I'm an island separated from everyone by the vast, oppressive ocean. I try to reach out but am incapable of doing that. I just want to know one thing: What is it like to have emotions? Those emotions which help you relate and bond with others. How does it feel to have romantic desires and emotions? For God's sake, I've never even had a crush AND that's what its all about: NO EMOTIONS! I'm an empty hollow shell capable of rational thought only, with no emotions.

No matter what I do I can't escape the fact that I'm dead already.

Go, work now Bruce because you're capable of nothing else. Just spend your whole life working and never have any 'real' relationships or feelings as you're incapable of that. Then your body will die aswell like your soul has died.

Can anyone understand? No one can...no one will.