MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Friday, November 19, 2004

SO PLANNING TO HAVE A CHILD?

I just can't understand the concept of one's name living on through ones descendants. The belief that through ones children one can transcend death in some way. And in our patriarchal society it means that ones genes, name and personhood lives on only through the male lineage. First of all it is a misogynist patriarchal idea and second it makes no sense. I think it is an idea concurrent with the group-oriented, traditional outlook of life. But when a person believes that everyone is an individual then to think that you might live on somehow through your male descendants makes no sense. Having children only matters when one is alive but after death it doesn't matter if you had children or not.

Okay, so if you're wondering why am I so pissed at this value, here's the reason: I'm the only male descendant of my patri-linear family line. My paternal grandfather never stops reminding me of that and the responsibility to carry the family on. And I'm like, "Whatever!" This family line is finishing at me and I'm not sorry for destroying the efforts of the millions of ancestors before me trying to keep the family tree growing. This tree is going down now!

I swear, population boom makes me so angry and frustrated that I wish no body would have more than a single fucking child for atleast the next 20 years. The human race has expanded too much, I'm afraid if we don't stop growing we'll head straight for the Malthusian reality of wide-spread destruction. Resources are limited and I just hope we don't end up devastating mother earth.
STOP PROCREATING SO MUCH!