MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Sunday, November 21, 2004

BITCH, YOU TURN ME ON!

Sexual orientation is such a grey-area: Today while busy in prurient acts I was really turned on by imagining a female body. So in my concupescent haze I found a magazine and stared at the sexy females- scantily clad and evocative- staring back at me. Maybe it was just an over-dose of sex hormones running through my veins but I was turned-on and the heterosexual imagery was working- to my astonishment. I caressed the model's body in my mind, I held her and tore her clothes in pure ecstatic urgency and fucked her like there was no tomorrow. I swear, the imagery was pretty wild and raunchy and man, DID IT TURN ME ON! But the thing is all through out there was a liberal dose of homo-erotic images aswell. And to get a hard-on originally I HAD to use my favorite men.

I'm quite certain now that I don't believe in the simple but restrictive labelling of gay, bi and straight. I think it's much more complicated, flexible and varying. It seems to me that sexual orientation is like a continuum from the straight to gay and that the majority of people are neither pure-straight or pure-gay OR maybe no one is. Maybe everyone is capable of both homo and hetero behavior. It really seems as if strictly labelling people as gay helps to keep other people straight by forming an alternative self-image. Eventhough, most of these straight people might have homo-erotic impulses but this society restricts and thwarts them.

So maybe we should stop pigeonholing people into simple groups and considering them as completely distinct type of people and instead accept that no body is really gay or straight, we're all sexual beings capable of both orientations and the only difference is in the degree with which a particular sexual orientation is manifested. And that may be due to both biological and culturally-inculcated factors. Cross-cultural studies do support this thesis and it just makes more sense to me.