MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Saturday, November 20, 2004

THREE MOMENTS...MY WHOLE LIFE

1)Today I was traveling on a bus and I saw a guy who I really liked. I don't know why I liked him but it was just a sudden attraction. I mean, he was attractive but it was more than the physical attraction thing it was as if his whole personhood was strangely drawing me to him. And fate had it that I eventually ended up sitting with him. I wanted to stare at him but I couldn't so I kept on catching slight glimpses of him. I so wanted his arms tightly wrapped around me and his mouth on mine. But then his stop came and he went away forever. So, does anybody believe in 'meant to be' or 'soul mates' or any such crazy mystical stuff? Because I really don't.

2)Today an auntie came to visit me after a long time and as soon as she saw me she started to cry. She sobbed and whined about how everything had changed and how fast and impersonal pakistani lifestyles have become. Then she depressed me with sob stories about the tragic deaths of her mother, father and brother recently and that was the real reason for her sobbing. She complained that nobody has any time anymore. And I was thinking, "You're god damn right, so can you please go now cause I have a lot to do and time is running fast!" But she kept on blabbering and chatting-on and on. Then finally she spared me and left after 2 fucking hours!

3)Lastly, I felt the French revolution was happening today. Why? Cuz after dining out at an expensive restaurant and then stopping at a bakery to get pastries and donuts I met a poor guy who started to shout and scream at my uncle and auntie. Actually I didn't witness all that happened as I was inside the bakery and when I came out to the car the drama was coming to an end. My auntie told me that this guy was being really vulgar with her when she was sitting alone in the car. Then when my uncle came this guy started acting mean with him. That made my uncle flare up and shout at him. That's when I came. I felt extremely sorry for the poor man. I felt intense sudden guilt and I empathised with the poor guy. So when we were driving back home and my Uncle was grumbling at the poor guy I felt obliged to speak up in his favor, this made my uncle even more angry. He said he couldn't believe that this guy had been so mean and irreverent to us and had humiliated us and I still speak in favor of him. But the thing is: I know that that guy had no right to misbehave with my aunt and then my uncle BUT I still feel that due to all the injustice and inequality sometimes people might just snap and want to lash out albeit inappropriately but it still makes sense.

This day reflecting the times; reflecting the era I live in. I feel that it is just these simple, every-day moments which reveal the truth and intricacy of life the best.
'A single day and in this day his whole
life.'