MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

COMING OUT TO PARENTS

So, how is one supposed to tell ones parents about ones homosexuality? And when? Those are very important questions in my life that I'll have to figure them out eventually. But I feel there is no need to hurry. I mean, I figure that I should inform them of this news after I'm financially-independent and stable. But the thing that worries me is that that might take a long time- almost a decade. And I feel that as a person ages he/she becomes more rigid in their set world-view and thus it becomes difficult for them to change or accept something new. So, maybe I should tell them now when they seem in tune with society and quite liberal aswell. And if I start living out the gay lifestyle soon then I think I would prefer that they know the truth rather than hiding from them all the time because that might get frustrating. Oh, man, decisions...decisions!