MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

FLIRT WITH ME (PART 1)

Maybe I had reached the rock bottom. Maybe I just desperately needed something to fill my empty and aching life. Maybe I just needed some love, some attention, something to get rid of the isolation. What ever it was, during that time I was one unhappy and confused person (Cuz I know I don't have that desperate need for attention now and I'm much happier):

Some months later from the LA incident, I was sexually frustrated and hated that nothing was happening. I wanted some attention, some excitement. If I don't get any commitments, no relationship, no future and no promise of anything why shouldn't I explore my possibilities? I thought I was wasting my 'potential'. Over the course of a few months I had elicited some sexually-oriented comments and hints from guys and I was happy about the fact that people were interested in me. I wasn't expecting that since in Pakistan nothing was as open as in San Francisco. I resented what I percieved as 'saving-myself' for someone who didn't seem that interested or who didn't give me as much attention as I wanted. I wanted guys to look at me, to adore me, to lust after me; I wanted to do something wild. I felt the need to shock my parents and break away from every thing people expected from me. I hated everything. So I guess at one point I said, "Let's see what I can do."

I joined the gym, got a new hairdo,bought new clothes, and started attending some wild parties.

One day I was at a restaurant with my cousins...