MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Friday, January 06, 2006

DEAR GYM INSTRUCTOR, DON'T MISS ME!

I wanted to learn how to play the good old ubiquitous guitar. People told me I have a good voice for singing. I sang and they gave me their approval. But I feel awkward singing in public. I'm a bathroom singer. If you want to hear me singing, join me in the shower. Hehe

I thought I would be able to sing in public with the authoritative confidence the guitar brings to one. So that's why I wanted to learn how to play the guitar. Additionally I had this motivating image in my head: me impeccably dressed and looking sexy in a party held in honor of my excellent novel and then I go on stage and start playing beautiful music on my guitar and blow people's mind up.

So I started taking some lessons from a friend. I was all enthusiastic. My friend told me I was a quick learner. Then somewhere down the lane I drifted, and the extraordinary guitar-playing Bruce is still waiting to be born!

Then there is the episode of fitness-craze. I decided that I needed to start going to the gym and working out. So I started going to a gym and pestered a gym instructor to give me time, attention and effort. I told him eagerly, "I'm going to come here everyday, and you have to devise a work-out routine specifically suited for my needs." I discussed the routine with the instructor and nutrition and all sorts of details. I went there passionately for a week and then...well let's just say I got irregular *Grinning*!

The thing with me is that even though I do this sort of stuff but if I really get serious then I'm sure I'll do well. I usually do well in stuff I put effort in but the problem is that I'm just such a lazy-ass guy. But I am totally motivated to get regular work-out sessions and learn how to play a musical instrument. So coming to the point *Drum roll and trumpets* MY NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION:

1) Go to the gym regularly
2) Learn how to play a musical instrument
3) Get excellent grades
4) Go to an awesome gay party