MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

THE RETURN OF THE...

There I was sitting peacefully studying commerce, when my cell comes to life. I nonchalantly check the screen to see who's calling and then I freeze for sometime with indecision. Yes--H. Should I pick it up or not? I remembered how many times I tried calling him and all those smses that didn't stir him at all, so I decided to not answer the call. The ringing finally stopped. Then he called again. CANCEL the call! Afterall it was all supposed to be over--everything. Then he called again, and I had to pick it up because I wanted to talk to him so much!

Apparently he had called in to apologise for his behavior. I didn't spare the chance to rub it in and make it lucidly clear how I had felt. But what more could I do anyway? I had already forgiven him, and I was actually pretty glad to hear from him again. I mean the thought that I would never talk to him again had been hell that evening when I realized that he will not answer my appeals. The only thing that pissed me off when he called was that I had to go through all of that for what? NOTHING! But it happens, people have emotional swings. Its just that I never expected him to have emotional swings, he just always seemed so calm and rational. I always felt that I was the one susceptible to sudden mood swings.

And then again the request of flying to his city to meet him and stuff. I really don't get the use of that proposal. All it represents to me is unneeded confusion. It just doesn't make any sense. If all I want is casual sex then I can surely get it here, no need of going any where else for that. So that only leaves attachment as the sole reason and that is essentially troublesome in a long-distance, rarely-meet situation. I have maintained that I want to keep contact and meet platonically if we happen to visit each other's cities. He doesn't seem to think that's a good idea or something. Anyway atleast its back to square one :-)

It's just so good to hear his voice though.