MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN

Two guys just brought together by the forces of economics develop something that will not fade away no matter what happens. The two cowboy, Jack Twist (Jake Gyllenhaal), and Ennis Del Mar (Heath Ledger)work together on a summer job. Tending sheep n the panaromic vistas of Brokeback Mountain. There they develop a bond; a bond whose force they didn't understand at that time. It was just one phase in their life and then they had to go their own separate paths. Life paths forced them to go their own separate ways. Living many miles away from each other, one in Texas (Jack) while the other in Wyoming (Ennis). Their lives were separated and time passed, they had their own families and jobs, but they couldn't forget each other. They met many people n their lives but they always felt that nobody was 'right'; nobody except each other.

They met again, and did they meet! The happiness, excitement and joy of meeting again after so long was apparent in their faces and anticipation. It was apparent to both, the second time they met, that they felt very strongly for each other and the bond just lay too deep to be torn by time or space.

Then began a relentless and somewhat torturous series of rendezvous. It showed the difficulties and frustration of a long distance relationship. With Jake traveling so far to meet Ennis and always feeling there was never enough time. The constant separtions and reunions. "Sometimes I miss you so much, I can hardly stand it!" Jake once said. But there lives forced them to be separated; they couldn't live together because of their circumstances.

It was a beautiful movie--very powerful. And boy, I sure can relate a lot to it. Watch it.