MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Friday, March 11, 2005

INEBRIATED WOES

I went to another party this Thursday night and I had thought that I will never touch booze again after that last time when I got so drunk that it wasn't even funny--wow, that one sure was a disaster! I thought I would just gulp down a few beers but the problem is that in keeping with the tradition I had to participate in the usual pre-party drinking at the guy-who-had-invited-me's place aka Vijay or VJ and then at VJ's girlfriend aka VJGF's (I know,I'm very original) place. By the time we had finally decided to leave for the party I was already pretty high--but in my senses.

I entered the house and it seemed like a million barrel full of wild, rabid monkeys had been let loose on that house. It was completely in shambles with food and people littered on the floor and all the furniture upturned and stained with guacamole and what seemed like salsa. There was a well-stocked bar and a very crowded dance-floor. I went straight for the vodka and the nachos.

After a few drinks I somehow found myself dancing with a girl and talking nonsense. "You have a weird name." silicone-tits mumbled referring to my real Paki name. "Call me Bruce then." I said. "liar!" She blathered. Then I think I kinda aimlessly danced with a few girls and got tired and slumped back on a couch. The fucker next to me was smoking a joint and offered me a puff but I was still in my senses and declined. I wasn't ready to try pot yet.

I sat there in the couch looking at couples kissing and fondling passionately all around me and got so turned on--and miserable. I really wished I had someone. VJ and VJGF joined me on the couch and we chatted about how wasted everyone was in this dump. I wanted to get another drink but due to my experience last time I knew my limit this time and didn't go near the bar.

I stayed a little bit longer, socialized some more with people I didn't know and would probably never meet again and ate some more snacks and wondered how much fun it would be if I knew someone or was here with someone who I can call a friend or lover. I was an isolated soul in the crowded room.

It was time to leave from my second party in this city and I think I had a reasonably good time but somehow I felt that the sense of camaraderie was missing from the experience. I just always end up feeling like an outsider.