MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

BRUCE SCORES POINTS WITH A SKI INSTRUCTOR

I have always loved the great outdoors and the sense of adventure and vastness that it imparts. I have always had a yen for activities like hiking, cycling, rollerblading and swimming. I would like to do much more adventurous and wilder stuff but unfortunately I have never had the opportunity. I simply love things that bring a rush of adrenaline to my body. Whenever I go to any amusement park I always have to go on the fastest, most scariest rollercoasters and rides. I want to bunjee jump, scuba dive, sky dive, sky-glide and all of such stuff.

Ok so that ends the introduction paragraph which was employed to culminate in to the sentence: I went skiing this weekend! It was pure unadulterated fun. I have never skied before so I decided that before heading for the slopes and killing myself I should take an expensive futile class and then proceed with the killing myself part.

I got fully decked up in ski gear and was ready to ski but the fucking instructor was going to come like after 30 minutes, so if anyone knows me they would know that I am not the type who patiently waits in such matters; I needed to get started right then! So I started skiing on a very gradual slope and thought I was doing good so decided to get on a slightly more inclined slope and got on the top and started skiing down and picked up speed. Oops! The speed was getting a little too fast and how the fuck do I stop, slow down or change directions? While I was pondering over these deep philosophical puzzles of the universe the defective balancing system of my body betrayed me and I fell hard and then gravity had more fun as I made a few painful somersaults and found myself lying on my back with one of my leg stuck on the ski pole and positioned somewhere near my head! Somehow people managed to take on the challenge of untangling me and even succeeded the ordeal.

After that I grudgingly waited for the instructor but when he finally came I was ready for some action! The lesson started and I was doing pretty well. The instructor was praising me and as time passed I eventually realized I was the pet student. Hah! The instructor was telling the rest of the losers to look at how I was skiing. Every time I did some move right he would give me a high-five and encouraging words! I was loving it! By the end of the class I had made the other students thoroughly jealous and spiteful of me. They kept on falling while I glided past them haughtily! LOL. Ok, ok I admit I fell a few times and blundered as well but I was relatively much better, so in the end my instructor said that I definitely have some potential and was flexible. Well duh! Obviously he would say I'm flexible as I fell once during the lesson and ended up like a pile on the ground looking like a pretzel! Well at least I've been certified by a ski instructor as having potential and I think I should do this again someday.
Au Revoir