MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

HOW SOME WORDS SPEAK DIRECTLY TO THE HEART.

I saw this on my good friend outsider's weblog and it touched a chord in my heart so I decided to write it down here as well. It is Jalaluddin Rumi's quotes and poetry.

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."
- Jalaluddin Rumi, Sufi poet

Ever since you fled from my embrace
no one has seen me without tears.
You are always in my heart and soul;
I hope you, too, will not forget me.
-Rumi

The secret of Truth is not unravelled
by questioning or giving away
your wealth and position.
You cannot exalt the heart with mere words,
pain is the price that the heart has to pay.

Troubled by questions all my life,
like a madman I have been
knocking at the door.
It opened!
I had been knocking from inside.

It is said that God's light
comes from six directions.
"From where?" asks the crowd,
turning left and right.
If only you could look neither way
for a moment.
-Rumi

Do You Love Me?

A lover asked his beloved,
Do you love yourself more
than you love me?

The beloved replied,
I have died to myself
and I live for you.

I've disappeared from myself
and my attributes.
I am present only for you.

I have forgotten all my learnings,
but from knowing you
I have become a scholar.

I have lost all my strength,
but from your power
I am able.

If I love myself
I love you.
If I love you
I love myself.