MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Monday, February 14, 2005

INTROSPECTION

That fateful Friday when I flew away from Karachi to Islamabad, leaving H; I had an intense feeling of insecurity which I have been suffering from even till now. I think the insecurity arises from the general disarray my life is in.
Life is just so weird--especially the modern lifestyle. Nothing is fixed--I'm in such limbo. I have no idea where I will live in a few months, what I will do with my life, who I'll meet. Just about everything is undecided and uncertain. There is no fixed home, fixed role or status. I don't even have any fixed life plan which every one in traditional societies used to have. Like, you will grow up, study and marry with a girl your parents choose, have children, get old and die with your family. Now I don't know whether I'll get married or not and with whom. I don't know how I will deal with my homosexuality in the Paki context as I have no social guidance. I have basically had no social structure at all. I'm lost completely. Society didn't think of accommodating me and that's why I have no example to see and learn how I'm supposed to live with my life. All I have is the western example for the gay lifestyle and somehow that isn't exactly suitable for my unique Pakistani context. I don't know whether I'll be alone all my life or whether I will have a family. It's all very confusing.