MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

PARTY ON!

Today I decided I've had too much time to mourn about my so-called relationship and I need to be the old Bruce who has a zest for life again. I need to be able to experience pain in my bitter-sweet dramatic but full-of-life way again. I need to let go of all the intense insecurities and dread.

So I went to a nice restaurant to eat with a group of people I had recently met and liked. I talked, laughed, gossiped and had a good time. The topic turned to Valentine's day and everybody had a lover with whom they had some plans. The people with long-distance relationships had planned long sappy love calls or as one guy said his was going to be a long session of phone sex! There was only me and another girl who didn't have anyone. She was mourning her single position. Then we all talked about ways to get both of us single souls hitched with someone but it turned out that they were seriously fixing a date for me with a girl they knew for tomorrow (V-day) so I said I was joking and I didn't want to be in a relationship now.
*sigh* I am such a strange person!