MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

OSCIE'S TRAGEDY!

"I find that alcohol when drunk in sufficient quantities can produce all the effects of being drunk."
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them more."
"I have nothing to declare but my genius."
"There is no such thing as morality and immorality in thought."

Oh, the tragedy of Oscar Wilde! Fuck, I can't even think of a big enough word to describe the appalling injustice and suffering. Oscar Wilde was a superb charmer with a command on language that has no comparison but he fell in a bottomless abyss that society made for him together with that slutty, shallow, despiseful Alfred Douglas (his Boyfriend). Just shows what happens to eminent people when Bruce isn't available (Hehehe)

I was just reading 'De Profundis' a huge autobiographical letter Oscie wrote when he was in prison for his bf. Oscie served two years in prison with hard labour because he was found guilty of BUGGERY! OOOOHHH! The shame! The horror! How could english high society have such a sinful disgusting man in their presence? So what did they do to maintain their purity and earn bonus points from god? They threw him in prison and subjected him with unimaginable shame. How pious :-)

And so it is exactly shit like this that makes me so angry at society and people that I want to lash out and fucking offend all those uptight, cruel, hypocritical prudes out there. And this is what strengthens my resolve to not to give in to the cruelty of society and to resist when it demands conformity from me-because it's not just injust but it's also downright cruel. So, Oscie is a hero who didn't give in and neither am I gonna give in. I will keep this battle for justice alive. I promise you that much.