MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

CLOUDS AND RAIN...LOVELY WEATHER!

RANDOM THOUGHTS:

1) Just when you think you are at a breaking point you surprise yourself and start anew again.

2) If you've been given $100 to buy groceries and you're happy that you will have enough money left after buying the essentials for those yummy snacks and candies; YOU ARE WRONG! Food is so god damn expensive here!

3) If sexy men and girls smile at you it is a good idea to smile back as well.

4) Apparently after sometime I actually start to see the beauty of continuous grey, cloudy, cold weather because I caught myself skipping cheerfully on the sidewalk today while chilly wind was blowing, there was a very slight drizzle and dark clouds were looming.
Actually, I was joyfully walking in a fast pace and then I unconsciously started skipping a bit. Then, I suddenly realized what I was doing and self-consciously looked around to see if anybody was looking and YES, a lady was looking at me. She gave me a big smile and a knowing look as if saying, "Yes, I saw you; it was cute though." I must have blushed. I walked forward but looked back and that lady smiled again and gave me a playful nod. I chuckled and went into the store.

5) I've decided that I will stop moping and crying and start trying to make my life in to something that is not so boring, depressing, unfulfilling and painful. I figured, 'If I can't do anything to change stuff then I should just change my attitude.' Make my life work for me. Yes, I'll have to deal with some more months of unadulterated agony but I better keep myself productive. As, from the last week or so I had spiraled into continuous moping and sadness. I used to go to these awesome places but never enjoyed it a bit. I kept on thinking, 'WHAT IF...'

6) I never cease to surprise myself. I WILL survive this one as well. And so will you.