MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

ALL THE WORLD'S A STAGE...

Today I went to the quintessential Ramazan party. It is characterised by everyone staring longingly at the numerous dishes infront of them from the time they arrive till sunset. And then as soon as the muezzin calls out the azaan everyone literally fall on the food! Then after about an hour of nothing but gorging when everyone's stomachs are full they start having a real conversation. No matter what the conversation is about it ALWAYS turns to politics. Always! And the US presidential race is the hot topic.
Anyway, today I met an old friend -who moved to New York 3 years ago-after a long time. I had a great time catching up. He told me that he had recently worked on a set of a movie. I was thrilled at his account of behind-the-scenes chaos. He even said that he flirted with some supporting actress! And then he said that I should act aswell because I was always the best actor in school. I always participated in every dramatic event and was really good at it. And that woke up the latent but always present desire to act. Maybe someday I will!