MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

ANGLICAN WOES: OH NO! NOT GAY!

Even though my life is far from good or even satisfactory, it is actually in a pretty awful state right now, but somehow I have been feeling quite good for the last copule of days. And another thing I've noticed is that from the last 6 months or so my self-image has been improving. I've always had a bad relationship with myself but now I actually like myself and enjoy my own company. And that's not just a good development, that's an awesome development! And I seem to have developed a heretofore unknown streak of narcissism. Maybe it has to do with the new full-length mirror in my room. I never had a mirror in my room before but now that I do I keep on observing my image when I dress and otherwise. And I have a really strong need to be with someone.

Today I was talking to a kinda-friend from high school and I was discussing why I find it hard to make friends and he said, "You send a really strong maintain-a-distance, don't-get-too-chummy and don't-touch-me vibe." And these words really seemed to hit the truth but I have no idea how to stop generating those vibes and sending such signals. It almost seems impossible.

Now moving on to a topic that has been knawing my brain lately:



Gene Robinson: he is a gay Anglican bihop of New Hampshire and his ordination has caused a great hue and cry around the world. The world Anglican community is literally shouting at the North American Anglican church for what they call 'a grave mistake.' It's almost sickening to hear reports from different countries about how priests and bishops are condemning this act. And seeing all of this discrimination done in God's name just seems unbelievable. It reminds me of a time when blacks used to be extremely discriminated and thought an almost sub-human race and so miscegenation was illegal. The leaders and people of that time practised such immoral, discriminatory acts and fully justified them in God's name and their false moral system. But now we look down on that time as uncivilised and injust. We see the wrongs of our ancestor and feel proud that we are much humane, but it seems that atleast when it comes to sexual orientation we still haven't grown up. Do the people who are issuing statements against Gene realize that their descendents are going to look down on them and think what bigotted asses they were? And I wonder:
haven't we learned anything from our past mistakes?