MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Monday, October 11, 2004

OH, SWEET PUPPY LOVE! YEAH RIGHT!



I fell in love with a girl when I was 15. "WHAT?!" you ask, "yes, that's true" I reply. That leaves you scratching your head and makes me realize that I need to clarify. They say almost all gays have girlfriends or crushes on girls when they were in high school; I don't know if that statement is correct, but I do know that I had a crush on a girl.

Okay, so here's the dig... this happened when I was going through the phase in which I was denying my homosexuality when it was assaulting my senses every single day. The time when I felt attracted to men and felt nothing towards girls and completely blocked the obvious by believing I was not gay. I was desperate to convince my increasingly cynical rational part of brain that I was straight despite all the obvious signs. So, I made myself think that I had a crush on a girl in my class. In reality I didn't really feel anything but the brain is a strange machine as I actually kept on fooling myself eventhough deep down inside I knew that I was just kidding myself. But that's what the power of denial is, I couldn't face the truth so even the ridiculous felt like the truth.

I kept on thinking about 'that girl' and tried to become her really close friend and just when our friendship seemed to be really blooming I confessed my undying love for her. She just completely lost her bearing!

At first she tried to talk me into senses but I was stubborn so she stopped talking to me. I realized that I didn't really love her when I felt no remorse what so ever at her refusal to talk to me anymore and then I knew thatI had lost a great friend in the madness.

When a person's first crush story is so pathetic, is he supposed to cry or just laugh at the irony of it all?!