MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Saturday, October 09, 2004

WANDERLUST


I always liked traveling a lot. I've traveled considerably in my life and I want to keep on doing that more.
Traveling excites me and it opens up new experiences and worlds to me; both inside me and outside me. I get so restless if I stay in one place too long because I want to enrich my life further. It's also because I have this need of not growing roots anywhere.



I want to be a chimera of different cultures and places. This might seem strange, but I don't want to belong to one place because I'd rather belong to many places. Where ever I stay, I form a bond with that place and I feel as if I am a part of it somehow. But I need to get out of it, to absorb the soul of some other place. Staying at one place makes me feel pressurized to conform to that place; which I don't want to do. And I wonder, am I responsible for my own isolation?

I can't figure myself out!