MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Saturday, October 02, 2004

DUBYA MADE THE WORLD SAFER FOR ALL OF US!



Today I woke up and opened the newspaper and saw the world ending AGAIN! It's like a trauma reading the newspapers nowadays. The headlines just pretty much summed up the state of this world. There was another major bomb blast in a mosque in Sialkot, killing many people. Sialkot is a city in Punjab and seeing these things happen in my beautiful province seethes me with frustration.

How is the world supposed to be a better place after killing a few thousand innocent Iraqis? I really don't get it! What's really amazing is the support Bush has in US. I mean how is it even possible that so many Americans would support a terrorist act like this which actually makes them much unsafer than before. This is guerilla warfare perpetrated by individuals and not countries so attacking countries just serves as an excellent way to breed more terrorists, who-by the way-are frustrated disadvantaged people gone through a lot of injustice and violence committed at them. Further disturbing these hotbeds of instability instead of helping them pushes more people to the fanatic extremism of Al-Qaeda. It's like the west is hell-bent on proving the myth that they are fighting a crusade against Muslims.

Muslim society is undoubtedly sick in itself and primitive but so was Christian society in the medieval ages. Muslim societies are in the medieval irrational state right now but discrimination and injust violence is exacerbating a problem that isn't that serious and wasn't conflicting with western society at all. And labels are always just a misrepresentative tool for understanding people. At the end we are all just human beings and people in any religion or country are not homogeneous at all; there are every sort of people in every religious group and every country. So judging people by their religion or country is not only ineffective but also discriminatory.
Please someone tell this to the US airport staff.