MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Monday, October 11, 2004

THE SIMPLE LIFE

No wonder Paris Hilton is finding it so hard to live the simple life; cause it is hard!


I keep on hearing people constantly complain about urban living and glamorise the rural villages and it's completely true that rural areas are much peaceful and simple. And that's just it: they are drab. I am such an urbanite that staying in some isolated rural spot for too long, even on a vacation starts to get on my nerves. So I would much rather live in the fast paced stressful, complex, info-laden, confusing jungle the city is.



I love the freedom one gets in a big metropolitan. And the varied experiences one gets, the diversity of people and beliefs. Since everyone is so different, no one can expect everyone to behave or believe in some fixed notion or belief. And when one is living in a city it is like you can feel the pulse of life and activity. And one feels connected to the global world and in touch with modern life and lifestyles. So many material and non-material experiences. An urban person is likely to be much more aware and complex and in the process has a much more nonsimplistic way of thinking which the village hillbilly doesn't get. Relativity isn't easy to learn in an environment where everyone is almost the same, wear the same clothes, have the same lifestyle, believe in the same god!

So, I'd rather spend my life in a big city than anywhere else!