MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

MY FIRST FACIAL

Ohhhhh... I had such a wonderful day today! Today when I woke up I felt that I needed to pamper myself as a reward for the intense studying I've been doing for the the last couple of days. I thought about it and the thought of getting a facial suddenly popped in my mind. Now, eventhough I'm gay, that thought seemed really weird and alien. What? Me? I never had a facial before. I actually always yearned for it but I just felt as if it was too embarrassing and revealing but today I thought, 'Fuck it! I've got to stop worrying about what others think and do what I want' So I did!

I wanted it to be a really special day so I didn't want to go to one of those dime a dozen barber shops. No, I went to a really sleek, sophisticated, high-end salon for men. It was heaven from the time I stepped in! The interior, decor, furniture, ambience and service was impeccable. I felt like a king! I sat waiting on those extra-comfy couches in the reception area waiting for my appointment and meanwhile browsed through a great selection of magazines. Then my turn finally came and a beautiful girl was introduced to me as my facial expert. And believe me she did a great job at the facial. After sometime I emerged from the salon a satisfied person and made a mental-note to save for a hair-cut from this place.

If that wasn't enough; I went on a self-indulgence over-drive and bought a worth-dying-for brand new pair of Don Carlos shoes! Wow, so much pampering for so little work.

This must be the most gay (in every sense of the word) day I've had in my life. I think I'm getting gayer by the day.
COOL!