MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

MY BLOG IS BLOCKED BY THE GOVERNMENT!

There are some moments in my life in Pakistan that remind me that I'm in a country with almost no safeguards against violations of basic human rights, like that stupid, useless and subversive concept of free speech. Oops! There I go mentioning the hot-button controversial topic of free speech. Like my friend, Spiritofnow, mentioned in her Livejournal that Muslims will react like crazy on a stupid cartoon and keep a calm silence on issues like honor killing, stoning to death for adultery etc.

But what I'm supposed to be whining about is the fact that Pakistani government blocked blogspot because apparently there was some blog with the 'offending' Danish caricatures of the Holy Prophet (PBUH). So no one in Pakistan can read my blog! Damn! Just when I had published the most sizzling posts :-(