MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

FLIRT WITH ME (PART 2)

It was a cloudy day and the restaurant was very crowded. It was one of those self-service restaurants and served scrumptious Greek food. I was bored with my cousins and maintained a kind of petulant silence. Then I noticed a handsome Caucasian man looking at me; he must have been around 40 years old. I kept glancing at his way once in a while to check whether he was still looking, and our eyes met many times. He smiled and had an inviting expression. I wasn’t sure if this guy was really non-verbally hitting on me or whether I was just imagining it. Then I had to get up to get something from the counter, and to my surprise he got up as well and walked pretty close to me and was looking at me. I was like, “That confirms it!” He must have been 6 feet tall and was very well-built. He looked at me with lustful eyes and a lingering smile. It seemed as if he wanted to talk to me, but was hesitant. Then as I sat back on my table and he did the same, I realized that I was attracted to the guy. He had attractive rugged features and a strong presence. I got excited when he made some obvious flirtatious gestures.

It was time to leave soon, and I reluctantly left the restaurant while the man followed me with his eyes. As I was waiting for my cousin to bring the car from the car park the man came outside the restaurant as well. I was surrounded by my cousins and I felt a little embarrassed as the man was obviously staring at me while leaning on the nearby telephone pole. My cousins must have definitely gotten a little suspicious when the man followed us to the nearby store where we had decided to buy something while the car was coming.

Then our car came and as we were driving away I caught the man waving goodbye to me, and suddenly I felt I needed to go back to him. “Can we go back again? I want to get something to eat for the evening from the place.” I blurted out. My cousin groaned, but turned back towards the restaurant. When I got back I didn’t see the man standing anywhere outside the restaurant. I walked towards the entrance door of the restaurant and took a deep breath as I clutched the handle.

When I walked in I saw the man standing in a queue line in front of the counter, and he immediately saw me and winked at me. I approached the queue and he said, “Come stand with me.”
“Thank you.”
We started the usual introduction chat and then he told me that he could show me great spots in San Francisco and other cities. “Can I have your number? I’ll take you out for dinner.” He said.
“Um, why don’t you give me your number instead?” I hesitantly asked.
He smiled and said, “Ok, fair enough. Don’t forget to call me.” He grabbed a table napkin and wrote his name and number and handed it to me. “I really want to meet you again.” He told me. I got something to eat and shook his hand as I was about to leave. I remember he had a very firm grip and that had turned me on; for a moment it felt as if he wouldn’t leave my hand. “Take care.” He said huskily. “Yea, you too. Bye.” I gave him a playful smile and left.

When I got home I placed the table napkin in my drawer and it stayed there for about a month. I didn’t call him even though I was very tempted, but I felt I wasn’t ready somehow. I thought I was already so emotionally disturbed at that time and I didn’t want to risk something that might potentially disturb me even more. Eventually I threw the napkin, and that was it. I sort of regretted that I didn’t take advantage of the chances I got, but with time I thought it was better to wait more until I was more emotionally stable and ready.

Soon I’ll dwell on my emotional state at that time—coming soon :-).