MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Saturday, January 08, 2005

I'M BECOMING LAZIER AND DUMBER AS I GROW!

There's this movie I just saw on the video store: 'The Road to love' which is about a gay Muslim guy finding what it means to be gay and Muslim and also very concomitant to the whole gay-Muslim reality and issues matter; so you would think I would rent it, huh? NO! NOPE! I rented the season six of 'Sex and the city' instead!

*I'll give you all a moment to recover from the shock!*

Now, what this tells me is that I will never develop my intellect and understand intellectual matters. I don't read enough 'good' books and I don't dwell much on the deeper aspects of life. I'm sure I used to before (I did! A lot!) but I don't anymore. So, that's why I choose silly, popular serials over something that could potentially help me to gain some knowledge and understanding of my world!