MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Friday, January 07, 2005

I AM YOURS

This post will seem like the complete antithesis of my previous post.

Why is love so beautiful? *sigh*

I wake up every morning and the first thought and image that comes to my mind is of 'him' and just that fact alone makes my life so much better than it ever was. Just the feeling of knowing that there is someone thousands of miles away who is also thinking of me fills me with warmth.

I sit on my desk and try to understand some academic problem when suddenly something reminds me of 'him'. The time I spent with 'him' were filled with so many small moments and those moments keep on popping in my head and make me grin periodically like a Cheshire cat.

I lounge with my family just idly talking and I fantasize about my future life with 'him'. It makes me so excited but also increases the sweet pain of separation. Whenever I look in the mirror I see him looking at me; whenever I listen to music I hear my feelings.

I feel what we have is much more than what either of us understands. I feel a much deeper connection than which can be explained. I felt that mysterious force whispering this from the beginning. I didn't know him and I still don't, but I still believe that we perfectly complement and complete each other.
************************************************************************************

After reading what I just wrote I just want to gag for a second. *gag* God, honestly, I would never ever have believed a few weeks ago that I would write something so mushy, maudlin and sentimental. I would have said, "No way! I don't fall in love like that. I'm too practical for it. I would never ever feel that way. And don't you know 'meant for each other' is just crap?" So, I've embarrassed myself a lot from writing this and other sentimental pieces BUT this is what I'm feeling and I'm happy to find yet another contradiction in me.
Hah! it's like I keep on changing all the time.