MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

MY FOOTPRINTS; YOUR SIDEWALK

Today the sun decided to bless me with its cancer-causing, much desired rays. The weather was slighty chilly and the sun was shining bold and bright. Perfect weather to hit the street for those small chores I've been avoiding. Once I realized I was going to be seen in public I had to actually make the effort to take a bath, wear sexy clothes and shave. After the grooming, I was ready to face the world.

I got out and walked cheerfully, with my head held up high and a smile plastered on my face. I felt good and I looked great. I strided onwards to my destination. On my way I saw two sexy hispanic men, they smiled and I smiled back--all normal polite stuff. They kept on looking, I felt special. I had my attention fully focussed on them when I saw their expression change--they winced and then they grinned. I was happy about all the attention. "Hey! Look where you're stepping at!"one of them said. Suddenly, I looked down and saw my footsteps engraved in the wet cement! I had just stepped on wet cement and had not seen the threatening warning sign 'KEEP OFF!' Shit! I peeked at the guys-they were still grinning-GRR, fuck them! I got out of that place as soon as I could to avoid more embarrassment aswell as from the fear of the person whose sidewalk I had just marked with my sexy footprints.

I definately made sure to keep my eyes on the ground and not on hispanic men after that!