MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Friday, January 14, 2005

MOONLIT SEA

The endless sea was stretching in front of me with the waves splashing calmly on the beach. The sea looked so enigmatic in the moonlight; it had a force of its own. I climbed the brick wall and looked down at the waves, at the water which seemed so peaceful. The sound of the waves seemed so unreal and it all felt like a dream. 'Is it a dream?' I thought. Then I looked back and there he was, standing there. Right there; right with me. "Come up, with me H" I said. He did. I looked at the sea again but this time with him even closer. It was all too much, too quick, it made me think again and again-looking at him and then at the sea--"Who is he? Why do I feel its something much bigger than my individual self--a lost connection, a forgotten reality, my destiny?"

It happened that very moment; what ever was supposed to happen. Everything happened then. Something changed, like the cosmic world had tipped my unconscious self but never bothered to tell me what happened. So, I felt it but couldn't understand. Still don't understand. The sea remains and so does the image of him right there next to me by the sea. Its symbolic, I like to believe. Atleast I can rest assured that the sea remains...I'd be going back.