MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

NO, IM NOT A MORNING PERSON!

I'm not at all a morning person; why doesn't anyone get that?
When I wake up in the morning, I NEVER ever wake up fresh and cheerful instead I wake up drowsy, bedraggled, my hair dishevelled untidely, my eyes droopy, and my mood grouchy. I want peace, quiet and to be left alone. I don't feel like talking or joking or even eating BUT why does it seem that everyone seems to think that this terrible morning state is cute and fun?! I swear, my family starts to joke around with me, make loud noises and talk to me and when I grunt, stare at them listlessly and show my irritation they find it very enjoyable!

Ok, I can forgive my family but EVERYONE does this torture to me! When I'm at my cousin's and I get up in the morning all dishevelled, half-dead and grouchy thay all know this, and they all take full advantage of me and when I stare at them in irritation with my sleepy eyes that seems to make them want to talk even more!

And then I spent the night with my friends sometimes and I told them in the morning, "I don't feel like talking and doing anything!" and they kept on blabbering in my ears.

I'm only able to get out of my half-dead, dishevelled state after a good shower.

And then there was that Friday morning when I woke up at 'his' place and needed to catch a flight early. Oh God, now here was a morning when I had to deal with traveling, leaving 'him', dealing with conflicting emotions and all the pain and confusion AND all this when I'm NOT a morning person!! Now, 'that' wasn't a cute state at all.