MY STATE OF EXISTENCE

Life...That's just it. It's happening all around me and it fascinates me. Life can and does beat the shit out of me but surviving that is what life is about. And this blog is about me, someone who doesn't fit any stereotype or label. There are alot of labels I posess Pakistani, Muslim, Young, Gay, Student but I don't want to fit in some pre-conceived notion of those labels. I maintain my individuality and this blog is the affirmation of my uniqueness.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

PARENTS REVEAL IT ALL!

Spending hours talking to one's parents have a lot of surprising benefits. One being that you get to know ALL about their funny and 'shweet' terms of endearment which they only use privately but somehow decided to tell me today.

Furthermore, I got some juicy pieces of knowledge about their lives. Some samples here (all true):
1) My dad finally fell in love with my mom 2 years after marriage! And I thought it was difficult for me to fall in love! While my Mom fell in love during their honeymoon.
2) My mom was very angry at my dad once-about 3 years in their marriage-because he wasn't romantic enough so she told him ALL about her college boyfriend (which wasn't much actually) and that made my dad very insecure for awhile. Awwww
3) My dad told a really sexy Arab girl to kiss him when I was about 3 years old and we used to live in Virginia. He explained it to me as a lust-driven request which didn't materialize. So, he came home disappointed and told my Mom that he had lost his senses for a few seconds and had asked a sexy girl for a kiss as she was leaning to close to him. My Mom then showed a temper tantrum.
4) Later my Mom and Dad both decided that they love each other a lot and also that they don't think harmless lusts and lustful actions can shake their love and marriage. They also told me today that having sex outside marriage doesn't matter as much as honesty and trust does. Awwww. Oh, and getting 'involved' outside your marriage is a biiig mistake.

I've got the greatest, most intelligent, coolest parents EVER!